Shaylie

Shaylie

Monday, August 4, 2014

Exchanges!!

Hello, hello family!!

So this has been a little bit of a crazy week...but here's the latest and greatest:

This week, WE HAD EXCHANGES!  To answer your question (Mom), we do exchanges once every transfer.  There are three companionships of sisters in the mission who are Sister Training Leaders. They're job is about what it sounds like...They exchange with each companionship of Sisters in the mission, and give special training, and help us set some goals to work on.  They're the best.  We LOVE exchanges.  Especially now that Sister Cox is a Sister Training Leader...Man, I love her. :)

This exchange was ESPECIALLY fun because Sister Cox trained both Sister Platt AND me when we entered the mission.  We were both so excited to see her!  They come over the night before, stay the night with us, and then we go out together the next day.  This time, I was paired with Sister Hegstrom.  She's CRAZY awesome. She has a reputation in the mission for how diligent and dedicated she is.  The goal I had set for the day was to become more comfortable with street-contacting.  I'm pretty good at tracting, but to be honest, I get PRETTY intimidated when I have to stop someone walking down the street to tell them about the gospel.  Silly, right?  Well, we set the goal to contact and teach at least 10 people that were out on the street that day. By lunchtime, we had already talked to eight people on the street, and taught full lessons to THREE of them!  I couldn't believe it!  I'll admit...it was still awkward the first few times, to actually say hello, and introduce myself to someone just standing next to their car, or talking to their neighbor.  Each of the people we talked to, though, were so willing to listen, and to hear our message.

I remember in the Relief Society session of our last General Conference, they said something along the lines of  "All the easy things we'll be asked to do as members of this church...have already been done!"  It reminded me that yes, there will be times as missionaries, and as members of this church, that we will be asked to step out of our comfort zone, and do hard things.  Street-contacting may be my weakness, or my "hard thing" I have to do.  But I DO know that Heavenly Father is preparing people all around us to receive the gospel, and to find the truth.  If we put our trust in him, He will take care of the rest.

I love you all so much, and I'll talk to you soon!

♥ Love, Sister Shay Shay

P.S. - Funny story...right now, there's a sickness going around, we call the "missionary disease" because we're the only ones that seem to have it.  I'll tell you more about it next week, but you can know we're in good hands, because we're being treated by Michael Jackson's doctor. :)

P.S.S. - We discovered this week that Aaron Eckheart is a less-active member in our ward.  Yep, like Harvey Dent.