Shaylie

Shaylie

Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Week One at the MTC!

Hello, hello!!


There's so much to say, and so little time!!  I only have a few minutes of email time, so I'll keep it brief, but really, I could go on about it for hours.  It's wonderful here, not at all like the horror stores I've always heard.  The spirit that you can feel on this campus is amazing, and I'm finally getting used to calling people Elders and Sisters. I think you're greeted by every single person you pass, "Good morning, Sisters!"  "Let me hold the door for you, Sisters!"  "You Sisters sure look nice today!"  Everyone is so sweet here, and you can really feel the love of our Heavenly Father through everyone we meet.


My companion is named Sister Currie, and she's awesome!  We have so much fun together, but, we also help each other feel the spirit, and do really well working with each other.  I was so worried about having to spend all my time with someone, every minute of the day (truly), but I lucked out.  We also have some great sisters in our dorm: Sister Olsen and Sister Boring.  They are hilarious, and I love working with them!!  The four of us make up the sisters in the Ventura district, along with 3 Elders.  Our Elders are great, too.  I have never met so many sweet, respectful, loving young men, especially with the sole purpose of serving the Lord.  I hate to brag, but our district is the best in the MTC.  No question.


We had a wonderful Sunday Devotional the other day.  We were blessed to see the talents of Richard Elliot, the organist for the Mormon Tabernacle choir.  He was PHENOMENAL!  I've never seen an organ played quite like that.  Especially when he played "Go, Tell it on the Mountain," with his feet.  While he snapped along.  It was great.  Next we got hear from (drumroll, please...), the one and only, recent RM, Brother Daaavid Archuleta!!  What a cutie.  And what a wonderful spirit he brought to the room.  First he sang to us, but then we got to sing the missionary medley together.  (The one that the youth sang at my farewell!)  I don't think the sisters of the MTC have ever been so excited!


We basically have 16 hours a day of intense gospel study.  But, I'm already feeling the blessings and effects, so it's nice to see hard work paying off.  It's hard, but it's worth it, without a doubt.  I love being here, and am so excited to be in California.  It's crazy to think I'll be there in less than a week!!  We leave Monday, at 4am.  So, that's really early...but I'll get to spend my first P-Day there!!  It'll be a nice day with my new mission president while I wait to find out exactly where I'll be going next!!


I'm sure there's much more I could say...but I can't think of it right now.  I'm just focused on getting laundry done, and relaxing as much as possible on my first P-day.  But, I love you all, and have been so happy to hear from you this last week.  I'll get writing you ASAP, but for now, just know, you're in my thoughts, and in my prayers. I think of you every day!


All My Love,
Sister Shay Shay :)