Shaylie

Shaylie

Monday, April 14, 2014

I'm here!!

Dear Family,


I'm here!  I made it to California!  And I love it here already, even though it's just the second day. :) I'll write you ALL about it when I have more time, but for now, what you need to know is:
The mission office will be my permanent mailing address, my whole mission.  All mail, packages, etc. will need to go to: 3301 W. Gonzales Rd., Oxnard, CA  93036.  They will forward everything to us same-day, as long as it's sent first class or priority mail.  If you send a package standard mail, it'll probably be a month til I have it. :)


President Castro is wonderful.  He's so sweet and caring, as is his wife.  We also met their two kids:  Hannah and Samuel.  So we have a home away from home!


It's like 70 degrees here, and warm, sunny and bright.  I walk out the door, and can see the ocean, and the islands!  Ventura is a beautiful place!  People are so nice to us.  We met at the church this morning, and early-morning seminary students were waiting to help us get our bags.  We stayed at members houses last night, and they made us breakfast this morning.


I'll be reassigned to my new apartment and new companion in about 2 hours...WOW!  I've already been tracting, and had doors slammed in my face...but I've also met so many nice people!  I can tell it's going to be hard, but it's going to be so worth it.


I love it here, and Heavenly Father is taking care of me.  I don't feel out of place, I feel like this is exactly where I'm supposed to be.  I think my hardest part is stepping our of my quiet, shy comfort zone, to be BOLD, and declare!  But, I'll get there, slowly and surely.  Tell everyone I love them, and Mom...I love you!  Hopefully you like the first picture of Shaylie's life as a missionary.


♥Sister Shay Shay