Shaylie

Shaylie

Sunday, October 19, 2014

Week of Miracles

Hello, hello!

As always, this week was just wonderful! :)
We had the chance to go on Exchanges with the Sisters from San Luis Obispo, Sister Hegstrom and Sister Cox! You probably know by now, but they happened to be two of my favorite missionaries. :) They came on Tuesday night, and I think Sister Cox and I were up til about 12:30 laughing our heads off at all the funny things that ever happened when we were together. Man, I love her. For exchanges, I was paired with Sister Hegstrom, and we went to work in Buellton! We had set a goal for ourselves to invite every single person we talked to, to be baptized. It was a pretty funny day...but we saw so many miracles! Some people thought we were crazy...and others said YES! We had so much fun, and met SO many new people! We also had a service activity with the Lutheran Church, where we spent a few hours sewing and tying quilts to send around the world. All in all, I'd say it was a successful day.

On Thursday, we had Zone Meeting with my favorite Lompoc missionaries...I've seriously missed them for the past 3 weeks. We were given permission to play sports with the Lompoc district again, so we'll be going to see them all today. :)

Saturday night, we got a call telling us that the musical number scheduled for Sunday had cancelled, so they asked if we could perform a week early. We ran to the Bishop's house, and he let us use his piano to finish writing the accompaniment...and then on Sunday, we performed Nearer, My God to Thee in Sacrament Meeting. It actually turned out really well! I played, while the other 3 sisters sang. Bishop wants us to come to his house and record it, so if we do, I'll send you a copy. :)

I love and miss you all so much, but, time is flying, and I know I'll get to see you so soon. I'm praying for each of you every day, and I hope you know you're in my thoughts. ♥ Have a great week!

Sister Shay Shay

P.S. - This week was Sister Cox's year mark. For celebration, since we sisters are too smart to burn any of our clothing...we let Sister Cox practice cutting my hair. :)