Shaylie

Shaylie

Sunday, October 26, 2014

Halloween Happiness!

Hello, cute family!!

I have to apologize upfront, this might be a bit of a slacker update...I don't have a whole lot of time today. But I did want to tell you all hi, and send my love. ♥

Things here are really going great!! Solvang is an ADORABLE place to be in the holiday season!! We just started the "Scarecrow Festival," where every shop in the city and Buellton puts out a themed scarecrow. And you know around Christmas-time, how there's that CRAZY house that coordinates their lights to the radio? We have one of those here, for Halloween. It's amazing!

To answer your question, Halloween is just a pretty normal day for missionaries. Of course, we don't dress up...but, Sister Cox and I are going to switch name-tags for the day and be each other. :) It'll do! Normally we come in a little bit early on holidays, so we'll probably just have a fun night in, full of weekly planning!! Woohoo! It'll be great. :) We DO have a corn maze that I think we're going to do with the district, and a few other fun things. It'll be wonderful!

Miracle of the week: We have a less-active member in our ward names Lisa, and we've been trying to get in contact with her, really, since I got here...4 months ago. She's out of town pretty often, and is a single mom, so she's got a lot going on. Just a week or two ago, though, we were able to meet her, and get to know her--she is just the cutest. This week, when we contracted her, she said she's been praying about, and wants us to teach her sons the discussions! We'll be starting this week, teaching her cute 9 and 11 year-old. I'll tell you how it goes!! :)

As for other exciting events of the week...Sister Cox and I did service in a member's garden, and she got bitten by something GNARLY. We don't know what, but her leg swelled up with a lump the size of a tennis bell, and we had to spend a day inside. She slept the whole day...and I did LOTS of studying! :) She's feeling much better now, and we're back to work.

I'm about out of time for today, but I hope you know how much I love you! Each of you just mean the world to me, and I pray for you every day. Can you believe I'll be seeing you a year from now? Me either! I love you all, and I'll see you very soon. :)

Love,
Shay Shay

P.S. - My hair is getting curlier every day. It's crazy.