Shaylie

Shaylie

Sunday, October 12, 2014

Happy Conference Weekend!!

Hello, hello cute family!

What a wonderful conference week! And, even better that we all got to watch it together, from different parts of the country (although it was weird to start watching at 9:00 instead of 10:00.)

As missionaries, we watch conference at the church building, and since the rest of the ward was watching at home, we, and the hermanas, got the chapel to ourselves! It was actually a lot of fun! And in between sessions, we put together a musical number that we'll be singing in sacrament meeting one of these upcoming weeks. I'll send you the words and the accompaniment I wrote for it. I don't mean to toot my own horn, but it's actually really pretty. :) As far as conference goes...WHOA. It was SO good! I loved all the talks, but I especially loved Elder Jorg Klebingat's talk. I thought it was so neat how bold he was--as missionaries, they teach us that as long as our investigators know that we speak out of love, we can never be too bold. I saw that in his talk, and really appreciated it! I loved Elder Holland's talk as well, and am trying to think of ways that I can be better at serving those around me.

Other exciting events of this week: we had President's interviews! Our district is in Santa Barbara, so we headed up there for the day. Can I just say, PRESIDENT FELIX IS THE GREATEST. And Sister Felix, too. We are definitely blessed to have them with us! While there, we also got to see Meet the Mormons--it was AMAZING!! I love love loved it! They had a segment about the candy bomber that was SO good, some about the NAVY football coach (there was a football scene, and all the missionaries were like...on the edge of their seats. It's the most football we've seen in a while.) And of course, the missionary mom. All the sisters cried. :) And we enjoyed a few minute of David Archuleta. :)

As far as our investigators go, THEY ARE DOING GREAT! Euell watched conference with some of the members in the ward,and described it as "earth-shattering and magnificent." Whoa. He's reading the Book of Mormon too, and just read 3 Nephi 11. He called us to tell us how excited he was about it. And...Lenore has decided she wants to be baptized! She's a little indecisive at times, and we're still working on helping her pick a specific date...but she'll get there. :) Absolutely!! On a side note, we helped her fix, sand down, and paint her cupboards this week. We went through and painted flowers on some of them, too. They actually turned out really cute!

As for this week, it's going to be great. :) We have our Zone Meeting on Thursday, which means we get to see all of our favorite Lompoc missionaries! And on Wednesday...WE HAVE EXCHANGES!! I'm not sure if I'm going to be with Sister Hegstrom or Sister Cox, but either way it'll be lovely. I'll tell you about it.

I know there were a billion other things I wanted to tell you...but, my mind is blank. So that's all for now. OH! This week, Bro. Klitgaard (the ward's SUPER-DANE) is going to be sending a dvd of the Danish Days festivities. He wanted to send it to all our families, so keep an eye out for us! :)

Love you all, and I'll see you very soon. ♥

♥Shay Shay