Shaylie

Shaylie

Monday, June 23, 2014

Transfer Monday!!

As always, I have a fun and exciting week to tell you about:

Who's getting transferred to Solvang?!  Oh, just this sister.  I don't know much about the city, but I guess it's a little bit further north...and is a little Dutch town!  There's a HUGE Dutch festival there every summer as well, so I'm getting there just in time!  My new companion will be Sister Platt, who I don't know well, but I've met a few times.  She's super nice, and I'm sure it'll be great!

Also, I ran my first 5k this morning!!  I don't know if I've mentioned in the past, but Pete is an ULTRA runner.  Like, a few weeks ago he ran a 100k.  Crazy.  But he always talked about how when we were home from our missions, he'd come to visit us, and to run the neat marathons that they have in Utah.  Everyone planned to run the Provo Marathon together...then we realized I'd still be on a mission!  So instead, we decided to run a 5k together before we left.  So, this morning, Pete met us for exercise, and we ran a route that he had made for us around Camarillo.  As fun as it was, it was mostly just nice to get to spend our last day with Pete. :)  On that same note, he got to pass the sacrament for the first time on Sunday!  He was so nervous, but so excited, and of course...he did great.  He seriously amazes me, and I just love him.

We also got the chance to teach Ava this week, our cute 11 year-old investigator!  We got a little lost on the way (her house is way up in the hills and ranches of Somis), so when we called to get directions, her grandma said, "OH!  We're so excited to have you over!  Ava's sister wants to take the lessons too, so she'll be here!"  We were so excited!  And when we walked in the door, our jaws dropped...because we KNOW her older sister!!  She's a less active member named Athena, who came to help us the day we cleaned the crazy house (the one where we found the morphsuit.)  So Athena already loves us!  And she'll be taking the discussions with Ava, and helping her learn.  We were able to commit Ava to baptism for the 1st week of September, but I won't be here to see it.  So, I'll send pictures as soon as I get them!

We had our "goodbyes" with President and Sister Castro at Zone Conference on Thursday.  I love them and I will miss them so much.  But, I get to meet President Felix tomorrow!

We'll be spending today packing and saying our goodbyes to our favorites in the ward.  It's definitely bittersweet.  But I'm excited to see what this week has in store.  I love you, and I'll talk to you soon!! :)

Love,
Shay Shay

PS - The ward missionaries had us over for Sunday dinner last night, and we all made our own pizzas.  It was a fun night to spend with all the sisters I love, since we're getting split.