Shaylie

Shaylie

Monday, June 30, 2014

Solvang is SO DANG awesome!

Hello, cute family!

Sadly,I don't have a whole lot of time today...but, here's what's happening in the WONDERFUL city of Solvang!

So, we cover North Solvang, and the neighboring city, called Buellton.  It's really just this little tiny town, but it's got the friendly small town feel, and the friendly small town people.  EVERYONE talks to us.  Seriously, everyone.  It took us until our 3rd day here for someone to say "I'm not interested."  Everyone we talk to invites us in, gives us drinks and cookies, and lets us us them them about the Restoration.  I don't know what it is about this place, but everybody loves the missionaries.  It's amazing!

Right now, we have one investigator, named Yule, with a baptismal date...He's so much fun!  He originally had a baptismal date set for July, but the lessons are going a little slower than planned...So, we're helping him work toward August. :)  We're also teaching a woman named Lenore...and Albert, Arturo, Cami, Patty... There's a lot of people that we'll be seeing pretty regularly!  We love to drive past the Solvang Center, but honestly we try not to spend too much time there because everyone's a tourist, and it's not really very productive.

I spoke in church yesterday in our new ward, and it went really well! I actually wrote my talk while on the stand.  But, it was based on "Following Up," by Elder Ballard, and somewhere in there, I told a little bit of Pete's story.  And Pete's got a PRETTY good story.  So, of course, the talk went well. :)  I'm slowly getting over my fear of speaking in church.  Slowly, but surely!

We travel quite a bit here:  Our district meeting and sports are in Lompoc, so we make the drive every  Monday, and every Thursday.  Then this Saturday we'll be driving up to Goleta to see President Felix.  We're so excited!!  We'll miss the Castro family, for sure, but we'll keep writing them letters and updates. :)

This transfer has been bittersweet.  I'm going to miss the Chavez family SO much.  They really do mean so much to me.  You'll probably be seeing them sooner than I will, when they come to Utah to be sealed!  But, I love this work, and I'm so grateful to be a part of it. ♥

I'll talk to you soon!  I love you all.
♥Sister Shaylie Raylie